sand screen upgrade
Yancoal - Mount Thorley Warkworth South CHPP
- Concept Design
- Brownfield 3d Digital Scan
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Piping Engineering
- Multi-discipline detail design & drafting
Design Process was engaged to complete the design to replace two existing high frequency Sand Screens (tailings dewatering) with a substantially larger single low-head reverse incline vibrating screen.
The design scope included
- Refurbished existing spare screen refurbished with an inclined discharge,
- Cast-basalt feed pipes & feed box
- Asymmetric under-pan and discharge chutes - to tie into existing plant infrastructure & existing concrete floor penetrations.
The new screen and accompanying chutes were supported with a new support incorporating surrounding access and a separable access over the screen to maintain the screen drive motor.
View on LinkedIn
Click on images below to view some project photos & images.
Existing Screen installation to be replaced
Develop concept and detailed engineering models and drawings